Intersectionality

 The chart shows how different people might have been affected the farther you move away for the center less say you have in society.  I personally live almost completely inside inner circle wheel besides one or two characteristics. I can see how being a cisgendered white man can benfire me throughout my life. I can see that people seem to more willing to listen to what I have to say vs what women around me have had to say. While I know that this is not right it is just what I have witnessed in my everyday life 


Intersectionality: Wheel of Privilege (as observed in the USA). Adapted from Sylvia Duckworth, Canadian Council for Refugees, and Olena Hankivsky, PhD.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alan Johnson Privilege and power difference

Introduction to Me

Amazing Grace