Blog 7 Ending ablism Heir

Connections 

heir brings up man very important points in ending ableism. Ablism is rapid in the classroom in america I have experienced this myself. I have talked about this class all through my school in warwick I had a 405 plant this had accommodations for myself to enhance my learning so that I could keep up with other students in my class. I had many exceptional teachers throughout my time in school. My last year of elementary school  i was in 6th grade with a teacher who was a few years away from retiring she was stuck in her ways and was not a big fan of technology. This lead to her not letting me use a computer to complete my work which was on my accomodations 

While I know that it is important to still focus on people with visible  disabilities I feel like When we have this discussion people with invisible disabilities and learning disabilities fall to backside of the conversation or just told to deal with. This can lead to then feeling invalidated. 



 This Is What Disabled Looks Like”: The Sometimes Hard-To-See Line Between  Visible and Invisible Disabilities | by zipporah arielle | Medium

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amazing Grace

Defining racism

Intersectionality